Careers at ANIBIC
ANIBIC is looking for dedicated, hardworking members to join our family!
Our full-time positions offer excellent benefits including comprehensive medical insurance, dental, 401K, and vacation.
All interested applicants please email your resume as a WORD attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 718-423-9838.
Job Description: Nurse
Overall responsibility for ensuring that client medical/nursing needs are met and that each client receives proper on-going health care services, as required. Provides appropriate professional nursing care consultation and supervision of licensed nursing and/or direct care staff in accordance with the client’s individual treatment plan. Be the primary advocate with healthcare providers. Participates in the development and implementation of in-service training of staff on medical/nursing and health care topics, policies, and procedures, as required.
Qualifications: Must possess a current valid license to practice nursing in New York State and knowledge and experience in field of Developmental Disabilities. Experience in Individual Residential Alternative Facilities preferred.
- Reads and is knowledgeable of each client’s medical and psychosocial history in order to effectively relate information to staff and outside professionals.
- Charts all pertinent medical information in client’s record and supervises staff assigned in this function.
- Confers with physicians and other health care professionals, on the issues of client health, medications, and/or treatments as necessary.
- Informs and interprets medical information to staff and required follow-up.
- Monitors and ensures that client annual medical exams are conducted, including required or recommended consultations consistent with OPWDD regulations and the health needs of the clients.
- Instructs and supervises staff regarding good health practices.
- Certifies direct care counselors in administration of medication (AMAPs)
- Supervises direct care counselors in administration of medications and provides training as necessary.
- Checks medication boxes weekly to insure proper storage and appropriately supervises
approved medication personnel in this function.
- Supervises the discarding of unused medications in accordance with state law and OPWDD regulations.
- Review on a regular basis client medication records for potential adverse reactions, allergies, contraindications and laboratory test modifications. Informs and consults with physicians regarding appropriate revisions.
- Reviews and updates formulary periodically and informs staff of pertinent revisions.
- Administers or supervises and medical treatments while on duty.
- Complete Nursing assessment monthly.
- Provide nursing in-service training.
JOB TITLE: Residence Shift Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: DDSO Services Residential
REPORTS TO: Asst. Residence Manager
High School Diploma- Experience in a supervisory position and/or experience working with MR/DD populations. Valid NYS Driver’s License & Certified AMAP.
Assist the Asst. Residence Manager in all aspects of the daily operations of the residential program. These duties include, though not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance to all ANIBIC policies and procedures
- Follow proper Chain of Command for all procedures and concerns.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with Management & Nursing Staff.
- Attend all assigned residential in-services and meetings as indicated.
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise staff independently and providing routine oversights to ensure participation of active treatment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work through conflicts with staff members while creating conducive atmosphere.
- Work cohesively with Medical and Management Team to ensure the needs of individuals are met.
- Demonstrate shift flexibility as it pertains to the needs of the residential program.
- Documentation and reporting of hazardous situation of Physical Plant Walkthrough.
- Weekly inspection of apartments for cleanliness, proper storage of clothing and personal possessions
- Make daily rounds of apartment/s and residences to ensure for uncluttered areas.
- Conduct observation of consumer/s and staff activities of program weekly.
- Review of Goals and MARS sheets documentations weekly for staff and individuals participation.
- Review documentations of Fire drills, Staff and Individuals participation as scheduled by Management.
- Check Pantries/ Cupboards/Refrigerators for expired food items and proper food storage and labeling.
- Check pantries/ daily in all Apartments/ Residences for adequate food supplies as it pertains to individuals dietary consistencies.
- Weekly documentation of checking water temperature to ensure compliance with OPWDD’s regulations.
- Ensure monthly coordination of Community Inclusion to ensure compliance of OPWDD’s regulations.
- Monitor weekly Vehicle Maintenance by checking for proper documentation and cleanliness.
- Monthly reviews of Vehicle Logs and Gas Receipts and timely submission to Management Staff.
- Ensure Individuals are signing off on monthly replenishment of Carfare/ Laundry & Grooming receipts.
JOB TITLE: Medical Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: DDSO Services Residential
REPORTS TO: Nurse and Manager
The medical Coordinator reports directly to the manager and /or Assistant Manager of the residence. Responsible for providing direct support and assistance to persons with developmental disabilities, and coordinates with the Manager and Nurse regarding the health related services.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred
- Minimum six months experience with ANIBIC or similar agency in capacity of Direct Counselor, or in another health related field
- Good communication and writing skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Accompanying and advocate for individuals we serve on medical/ dental appointments and emergency room visits.
- Schedule all medical appointments in coordination with the Nurse and Manager.
- Maintenance of a medical appointment calendar in coordination with the Nurse and Manager.
- Meet with Nurse and Manager weekly to coordinate information brought to and from appointments.
- Provide ongoing protective oversight to individuals living in the residence.
- Attend training and support each individual in accordance with each individual’s program plan.
- Perform daily check of medication and supplies.
- Successful completion of the AMAP course and annual recertification for medication administration purposes.
Direct Care Counselor
The direct care counselor for the Supervised Community Residence will provide and promote a normal home atmosphere for each consumer that is conducive to enhancing quality of life experiences and enhancing individual growth through the principles of individualization, independence, integration and productivity. A Direct Care Counselor must be able to provide program members with guidance and support in all activities. A Direct Care Counselor maintains contact with individuals, volunteer sites, families, and other agencies as a representative of ANIBIC and the services we provide, and is expect to conduct themselves professionally and courteously at all times. Requires a B.A. in Human Services area, 6 months social services experience, a valid Driver’s license. Good communication and judgment skills.